Stinger Offroad Recumbent Bicycle
Hover on the numbered bullets to learn more.
Stinger Offroad Recumbent Bicycle
Three wheel hydraulic disc brakes standard
Tough fiberglass seat (optional carbon fiber)
Custom paint colors available
Adjustable for all size riders. Adaptive Options Available
Wide Handlebar steering
Multiple drive train options available
Seated recumbent rider position
26″ inch offroad tires
Replaceable derailleur hanger
Meet the Stinger. ReActive Adaptations has been receiving requests for its creation for years. The only of its kind on the market, this three-wheeled foot-pedaled recumbent is an actual off-road demon. With 24-inch front wheels and a 26″ rear wheel capped in the meanest knobbies, the Stinger has the ground clearance and traction enough to conquer any rocky, root-filled trail in your back yard or the mountains. Though the real key here is the derailleur. Other tadpole recumbents on the market available to the “off road” world often have low hanging derailleurs. Mounted on the 26-inch rear wheel, the Stinger’s derailleur is free from many trail collisions that leave its predecessors stranded.In addition to 26-inch wheels, the Stinger is composed of an ADI Active Contour seat back for optimum positioning and comfort, carbon fiber seat pan, and adjustable single speed foot cranks. The Alfine 11 internal rear hub and shifter (other options the the 14-speed Rohloff Speedhub is available) is built in to rescue your ride at the bottom on the hill you didn’t know was coming, and the Tektro hydraulic disc brakes are there to control your speed on the way back down.!
Price starts at: $6,150.00 USD
…not including shipping, handling, or any applicable taxes.
Stinger Offroad Recumbent Bicycle – Tech Specs
- Wheelbase = 45″
- Center to center of front wheels = 32.5″
- Total length is 72″ (dimension from front of front tire to rear of rear)
- Approximately 74″ long, 36″ wide and 30″ tall.
- Lightweight 4130 cromoly steel with almost limitless primary crankset boom adjustment.
- ADI Active contour seat back with vertical, lateral and angular adjustment. ADI seat back is available in 15″ and 16″ widths. Carbon fiber seat pan available in 16″ width. Approximate length is 12″. Lateral and angular adjustments.
- ADI seatback and Carbon seat pan come standard with 1″ high quality foam covered in a removal and washable athletic mess cover.
Standard Component Package (also see Options):
- Front Wheelset: 24″ Velocity Blunt 35 rims with Velocity 20mm hubs, DT Swiss Black Champion Spokes and 24″x 2.4 Maxxis Minion tires.
- Rear Wheel: 26″ elocity Blunt 35 rims with optional hubs including the Shimano Alfine 8 and Alfine 11 internal geared hub, standard cassette Velocity hub and the Rohloff Speedhub 14-speed internal hub, DT Swiss Champion Spokes and 26″ x 2.5 Maxxis Minion DHR tire.
- Primary crankset: Sram S600 crankset w/170mm arms, 32 tooth ring and chain guard.
- Chains: SRAM PC-951 Chains
- Headsets: FSA Orbit MX (black)
- Rear Brake: Tektro Auriga Hydraulic Rear Disc Brake, 160mm rotor
- Front Brake: Tektro Twin Hydraulic Front Disc Brakes w/ emergency brake, 180mm rotors
- Shifter: Depends on what hub you want!
- Chain tensioners: Shimano Alfine tensioners
Stinger Offroad Recumbent Bicycle – Options
- Fat Tires – Want to ride on the snow, ice, sand or just about any other terrain on this planet (or other planets), choose a fat tire wheel set.
- Electric assist – Want to put is serious mileage or haul extra weight, a little bit of assistance never hurt. We’re working with several ebike kit companies.
- Rear Rack and Panniers – Great for camping commuting or just a great way to haul anything!
- Custom components – Want to upgrade of change some of the standard components? Give us a call!
- Paint – All of our frames are professionally powder coated. Want a specific color? Let us know.
- Garmin GPS – Don’t get lost of the trail, ReActive is a Garmin Dealer
- Hitch Racks – Check out our hitch racks, a great way to haul your Stinger to the trailhead.
- Adaptive Options – We specialize in optimizing our cycles for adaptive use. Need special pedals, braking systems, lower gearing or just about anything else? We can probably figure it out. See the order form for more details.