During these last couple of months we have been honored to fabricate a custom off road foot pedal trike for Cpt Shoe. Cpt Shoe is recently retired from the US Marines. Unfortunately Cpt Shoe was injured in the line of duty in Afghanistan and Iraq where he sustained many injuries including paralysis to his left side and TBI’s. Due to these injuries, riding a 2-wheeled up-right bike was difficult so a recumbent trike was needed. But not just a standard recumbent, but a badass off road recumbent capable of getting Cpt Shoe back into the outdoors and riding mountain bike trails with his friends and family. Here you go Shoe, tear up trails on this Stinger!!!
Some of the details include:
- Surly Clownshoe rear rims with 4.8″ Lou tire. Surly Marge Lite front rims with Knard 3.8″ tires.
- Race Face primary crankset with small ring gear for low end gear.
- Custom Carbon Fiber seat pan (by ReActive) and ADI seat back with Active Contour.
- Shimano Alfine 11 rear hub with Alfine trigger shifter.
- Tektro Hydraulic brakes (front and rear) with custom brackets made so Shoe can use both levers with right hand.
- Custom Carbon fiber arm rest for Shoe’s left arm.
- Surly rear rack to haul the essentials.
For more information about the Stinger, please contact us at email@example.com.